Use of private information policy (GDPR)
Last updated: March 25 2020
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us.
Who we are
Malawi Music Fund is a charity registered in Scotland. We are the data controller for the personal information you share with us and we operate in accordance with the current data protection legislation. Contact details for Malawi Music Fund:
Malawi Music Fund
KW15 1RU, Orkney
Tel: +44 (0) 1856 872952
Scottish charity number SC045661
Your Personal Data
Personal data is data that can be used to identify
an individual. For example your name, email address, home address and even IP
address. We collect and process personal data in compliance with the General
Data Protection Regulation and will never share it with third party marketers
or anyone else unless we are forced to by law.
How your personal data is collected on this website by us
When you use our email address to contact us, we require your name, email address and telephone number. When you click the submit button on your message your contact details are sent to us via email and stored in our email system.
What information we hold
- When you contact us by email through our website, we collect your name and email address
- If you sign up for a newsletter, we only collect your email address.
- All donation payments are processed by JustGiving and we never process card payments directly but will always use above company who are GDPR and PCI DSS compliant and value security above all else.
Where we store your
When you contact Malawi Music Fund by email through our website, your information is stored on an encrypted computer. If you sign up for a newsletter, we store your email address in Mailchimp, which is the marketing platform we prefer. When we receive your donation, your information is stored on the treasurer’s and the secretary’s encrypted computers only.
What we use your
We occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our activities. We will use your information to send you receipts and other relevant information.
Who’s responsible for your information at our organisation
Malawi Music Fund’s Secretary is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact her by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01856 872952 if you have any concerns about the information we store.
Who has access to
information about you
When we store information in our own systems, the Secretary has access to everything you’ve provided, and the Treasurer has access to account details.
The steps we take to keep
your information private
Our computers are all encrypted and are protected by a passcode. These computers ask for authentication whenever they’re started or after 5 minutes of inactivity. Our mobile devices are also protected by a passcode.
In accordance with UK and European law under the
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have numerous rights in regards
to the personal data we hold about you, including:
- Right to confirmation – you have the right to know if we hold personal data that concerns you
- Right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies within the personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from our systems
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights,
please contact us by email or by telephone.
You can find out more about your rights under the
Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those
changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.