Purpose and scope of this policy statement
Malawi Music Fund (MMF) works with children and young people in Malawi; in particular, those who are members of Likhubula Children’s Choir. MMF is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in its care and this policy has been developed to support staff in putting into practice MMF’s commitment. In the context of child protection, ‘children and young people’ refers to anyone less than 18 years of age.
This policy statement applies to
anyone working on behalf of Malawi Music Fund and Likhubula Children’s Choir.
The key principles of this policy
- The welfare of the child or young
person is the paramount consideration.
- All children and young people,
regardless of age, disability, sex, religion or other status have a right to
freedom from harm or abuse.
- It is the responsibility of all staff
to promote the protection of children and young people in our care.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- valuing, listening to and respecting
- appointing a nominated child protection
- developing safeguarding procedures
which reflect our commitment
- implementing a code of conduct for
staff and volunteers
- creating and maintaining an
- ensuring that we provide a safe
- ensuring that we have effective
reporting measures in place
- recording and storing information
This policy statement should be read
alongside our Code of Practice, Reporting Procedures and Role of the Child
We are committed to reviewing our policy and practice annually.